Saturday, January 27, 2007

 

 


I amm taking a class at Big Picture Scrapbooking from Heidi Swapp. We had to come up with a goal. This year I have several goals. To finish school (graduate in May), pass my CRC exam in April (hummm maybe that means I need to study, (Certified Rehabilitation Counselor exam)), and my biggest goal is to scrapbook 2 layouts a day. This has been an eye opening experience for me because I thought I would be down in my room for hours each night working on it. This goal has actually set me free from so much. I use to spend hours finding paper, embellishments, pictures, basically everything I needed to do the layout, than I would spend even more hours trying to figure it out to get it just right. God forbid I attach anything till I was 100% sure that was how I wanted the layout. I am free now. I am not even really thinking about it. I am grabbing paper (even using up tons of those scraps in the pile) and embellishments and attaching them. I just started building on the layout as I go instead of moving it all around. I figure once it is down, I will have to make it work. Layouts seriously use to take me 2 to 3 hours to get done. Now I might spend 1/2 an hour on one max. I am getting 3 to 4 done in the evenings now. I am loving it. At this rate I will be done with all 40 years of pictures I have sitting in boxes by the end of the year. It just feels so good to know that I have already done a full album this year and starting a new one. Here are my two from yesterday, I figured to stick to my goal maybe I should be scanning and posting them.

No comments: