Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's Here!!

My New Kitchen Aid

I a so excited my new kitchen aid mixer is here. Amazon was having a one day sale last week and so I treated myself for my birthday and anniversay with this baby. I have wanted one my whole life. I have longed and dreamed about the day I would own one. Well today is that day and I sit here at work. It is all unpacked and sitting on my table just waiting for me to come home and play with it this afternoon. Oh man I can't wait.

I have been on a mission this year to really work on doing the majority of my cooking at home and from scratch. It has been going really great. I have taken to making bread at home now. Each weekend I make 2 loafs of bread. Since I work full-time during the week I do a lot of planning and even some mean prep on the weekend. If I can get somethings prepared and put in the fridge or freezer to pull out and throw in the over later in the week.

I really have enjoyed trying new recipes and getting creative with my menus. We are all eating healthier now that we aren't just opening boxes of hamburger helper. I can't say I notice a difference in my food bill because we just buy different foods. No more prepared food but more fruits, veggies and meats. I can say I have noticed a big drop in our costs for eating out. We just don't do it very often any more. We tend to enjoy grilling and cooking at home. I have taken up canning again and have been freezing and canning beets, and making jams.

I do have to say my favorite thing now that I am in the kitchen is having Sam there helping me cook. It is great when the two of us are working side by side preparing and cooking meals. So enjoyable!!

No comments: