Monday, January 14, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Moe :(

We got a call yesterday afternoon that my husbands very dear friend Moe, had passed away. He was suppose to be coming to Glendive for a visit and hadn't showed up. A friend of our's got worried when he hadn't showed up and called his wife in Boise Idaho, who called someone in Dillion to go check on him. They figure he had a heart attack on Friday. I am so sad because Moe was such a great guy. He would have given his life for his friends if they had asked. He was just a big teddy bear of a guy that truly appreciated the value of friendship and enjoyed having a good time in life. He will be missed by our family for sure.

On a side note, I had my surgery on Friday. The joy of not eating or drinking anything after midnight because of surgery is not a lot of fun when you don't have surgery till 6:15 pm the next evening. If I had known it would have been so long I would have made sure I got up at 11:45 pm to get a drink or have something to eat. Boy by the time they took me into surgery, I could have ate my own arm off. The surgery was great, but I did end up having to spend the night in the hospital again. I am kind of sick of hospitals right now. Turns out that my incisions had erroded around my bladder and that I also have a staph infection that they had to cut away some of the tissues.

Really hoping this surgery took, because she said if it doesn't they will have to go in and do a pretty extensive surgery to take out all the bladder sling and do reconstruction on it. She said Dr. Rauh has never had that happen before, but hey in all his years of practice he hasn't had but one other erroding scar like mine, so my body is freaky.

No comments: