Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Life with out Diet Pop.

Well I am on day 4 of my new life without drinking pop. I was seriously addicted to my diet Pepsi or diet coke depending which was on sale when I bought it. Over the last couple months I have been reading about how bad drinking diet pop is for you. I am not sure what triggered me giving it up. But last Saturday night (August 5th) my husband and I were walking through the walmart grocery section getting snacks to take out to the races in Dickinson. We were talking about getting a 12 pack of pop to take with us and I was telling him about how bad it was from the research I have done. I am not sure what made me decide at that time to give it up cold turkey, but I did. Maybe it was saying it out loud to him and knowing I was the one so addicted. He was normal in drinking 1 or 2 cans a day, but I could easily drink a 6 pack a day. I had to have one first thing in the morning when I got to work, than kept on drinking them throughout the day while I sat at work. I was okay in the evenings once I got home, but I need my pop at work.

Well I just swore off pop that night and it has been amazing how easy it has been to just give it up. I had a headache terrible on Monday morning, but nothing some advil couldn't handle for a couple hours. I have been drinking a lot more water and ice tea. I am going to try to cut out sugar next, but I really want to get a good month of no pop under my belt first. I am finally on a track to a healthier lifestyle.

No comments: