Friday, May 18, 2007

Going to State Baby

I am so excited right now. My daughter, Megan, is going to State Tennis next weekend. She is a junior and this will be her first year at state!! I am not sure if she is going in ranked 3rd or 4th in the division in singles yet because she still has another match, but she is so going!!

She just played the marathon match of her life. She took the court at 11:15 and finished her last set at 3:00. 3 hours and 45 minuted in 90 plus weather. It was the most awesome match of the whole year!! She won the first set in a tie-breaker, lost the 2nd set in a tie-breaker and won the third set in a tie-breaker. My daughter was so excited, but I was so disappointed in the other girl because she threw her rachet down and walked off the court, not shaking hands or anything. Megan gathered her stuff and went to shake hands with the girl, but she wouldn't shake her hand. Megan is a true sportsman, she does get down on herself, but she gives it 100% to everything she does. I am so proud of her.

No comments: