Thursday, May 17, 2007

Helpless

That one simple word, HELPLESS, so describes how I am feeling right now. I woke up this morning and took one look at Jerad and just started crying. I feel so helpless because he is just so exhausted from having to spend every moment sitting up in a chair. He is still in considerable pain. He is so strong and tough and so for him to even rub his arm lets me know just how much pain he is in. He doesn't like being out of it on the pain medication or the way it makes him want to sleep all the time.

I just feel so helpless in trying to make him comfortable right now. I just want to call the doctor and say we can't wait another week for his arm to position itself on it's own. I am trying hard to have faith in the doctor, but honestly I have never hear of someone breaking their humerous and than the doctor just saying we will leave it for 10 days to see if it moves it sets its self in position because of gravity. I just don't feeling like I am not able to help him in anyway.

I know the poor kid hates that he is soon to be 15 years old and having to ask his mom to help him with everything. I just wish there was more I could do for him.

Okay pitty party over for me today. I think I need to go shopping and get him something cool to entertain himself with.

No comments: