Monday, June 02, 2008

Spring Cleaning Bug

Well last night it hit me. I usually get the bug about the middle of March but this year with the cold rainy weather it has been delayed. I finally decided to dig out my capri's and start wearing them even though it is still pretty chilly here. But that led to the closet cleaning bug.

I ended up taking all the clothes out of my closet (well half the closet). Some of them I hadn't worn in ages and were covered in dust. I washed, folded and sorted. I got rid of a lot of clothes that I hadn't worn in awhile. I filled up 3 full bags that I will donate this week. It took me about 5 hours to get that half of the closest emptied and restocked with the clean clothes that I know I will wear. I even talked hubby into making me a hanging bar so I can hang all my work shirts up on it. Now that I have a job where I will be wearing dress clothes, I figured I better have a place where I can hang them up and keep them neat and ready to wear to work.

I have half a clean closet now. I will work on the other half tonight hopefully and get it all done. I am amazed at how old some of the clothes are that I have, time for them to go and new ones to take their place. It always feels so good to have stuff cleaned and organized. In my house, I need to do a lot more of it. With three children (well 2 still at home) it seems like for years we were just looking for places to store stuff, never organizing it.

My next project will be to clean off the freezer in the laundry room. The top of that thing seems to be the place that anything that doesn't have an assigned place goes. It is piled so high of stuff that hasn't been used for years. Time to organize and declutter the house. I love the feeling I get when I get a project done.

No comments: