Monday, June 30, 2008

Birthday Boy

Hard to believe my little boy is 16 year old now. Wow it seems like just yesterday we were having little kids running around our house. Now I have a 21 year old, 18 year old and now my baby is 16. I just don't feel old enough to have kids that age. Jerad's birthday was a great relaxing Sunday. I made a bunch of cupcakes and decorated them for him instead of a cake. We seem to eat cupcakes up, but cakes tend to sit and go to waste. We went out shopping and got Jerad a new CD and he got to spend some money at Kmart. Than his dad made him his favorite dinner of baby back ribs that had marinated in bbq sauce all day and than cooked really slow on the grill for several hours. Oh they were melt in your mouth good. It was great to sit and have a family dinner today.

Amanda had her first ultrasound today. Her due date is set for Febraury 11, 2009. Almost 8 weeks along already.

I am heading off to my dad's house on Wednesday, they have moved his surgery up to Wednesday. I won't get to spend a couple days with him now before he has surgery, but I will be there to visit with him and hang out with my sister cleaning and organizing his house for him.

The good thing is that strawberries are ready for picking and door county cherries might be ready by the time I am ready to come home. Oh yummy, I am hoping to bring home several gallons of cherries and strawberries to make some jam and jelly. Oh and I can't forget to bring home some cheese curds for the family. My kids can't wait and even my neighbor loves them. He is in his 80's and use to work in WI back in the 50's. He loves it when I bring home goodies!

No comments: