Wednesday, May 31, 2017

(Backup) Brussels

We are only in Brussels over night but wish we had planned more time here.  We got in to town about noon on the train.  Got to the apartment and dropped our bags off and thewent walking around exploring.  This is the first city we're there aren't a lot bike riders,  in all the other city bike riding is much more common than car for transportation. Here we only seen a couple people riding bike.  It might be because of the cobblestone streets, they are hard to walk on, I can't imagine riding a bike over them.  

The smell of chocolate is everywhere in this town.  Chocolate shops on every block.  Enjoyed getting to sample the different Belgium chocolates and of course buying some.  I ended up buying a large suitcase today to put my backpack inside of then it leaves me room to put all my extra goodies in it also.  

  

The statue of Everard t' Services, it is customary to rub the hand of the statue which is said to bring you good luck!

 

Man keen-Apis a legendaryBrussels figure.  The man peeing! 


Madison du Roi (house of the king)
 
 

Brussels was an unexpected place that we really enjoyed.  The architecture of the buildings here is amazing.  
I am realizing as our trip is ending, I really want to come back on an extended vacation and ride the train, but spend more time in different cities and not in just the major cities.  In talking to others as we have traveled, I realize that I need to broaden my horizons.  I have never thought about traveling to Budapest or to Austria, but I continually have heard of how those areas are everyone's favorites.  I think I will need to be planning my next adventure sooner than later.  

No comments: