Sunday, May 21, 2017

Paris Day 3

Today was a lazy day.  We got up later because we didn't go to bed till after 1 am.  We are getting use to eating later in the evening.  It was hard at first because my instinct is to eat about 6 pm, but here they usually eat between 9 till 11 pm.  We decided we would eat late after the Moulin Rouge show.  

This morning since it was Sunday we figured things wouldn't be open as early.  We did laundry again, so we don't have to pack it with us.  While the laundry was going we ate breakfast in a little outdoor restaurant across the street so we could keep an eye on our clothes as we were warned by several ladies that people will steal them if you leave them in the washer too long.  Breakfast is interesting here because you can't just get eggs and toast or anything like at home.  I had a great ham and cheese omelet this morning, but the interesting thing was it came with a salad with beans on top and vinegerette dressing.  Salad for breakfast!  

After laundry we deceived to head back over to Champs Elysees avenue and do some "shopping". Since we have backpacks we are having to be very careful what we buy.  I already mailed one package home from here that cost me $55 to send, but it sure lightened my backpack so was worth it.  I will probably mail another one after Switzerland and Germany, planning to send home some chocolate.  

This afternoon we had tickets to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower.  I was really worried about it, because I am scared to death of heights.  The ride going up had me holding on, but once we got to the top it didn't bother me like I thought it would.  Very awesome view.  After the Eiffel Tower, we took a boat cruise down the Seine and then headed back to our flat to pack and get ready o head to Lauterbrunnen Switzerland tomorrow morning on the train.  

  

I will add more pictures another time.  I have them on my big camera and can't download them to my iPad right now.  I made the choice when coming to actually bring 2 cameras, my pocket travel one and my big Dslr camera even though I knew it would mean more weight, but it has been worth it.  

Really looking forward to being in a much smaller community tomorrow and away from so many people.  I do have to say the locals have been so very helpful in translating and answering questions, but other tourists are flat rude.  Not all but some, just cut in line and walk up in front like they don't have to wait in line even though they see the long lines.  Today,  I just stopped several from cutting in line and letting them know where the line was.  Needless to say I found out cuss words are universal, but at least they didn't get to cut in front of me.  

No comments: