Monday, May 08, 2017

Trip of a lifetime!

Last Friday night I finished working on my Master's in Addiction Counseling Degree.  I was so excited to be done with college and not having to spend my evenings studying and freaking out about completing assignments after working all day.  However, as excited as I am to be done with school, the best part happens on Sunday, May 14.  Megan and I will leave for Europe.  We (I actually mean she for the most part) have been planning this trip for about the last 7 months.  The trip has been a dream of both of ours for about the last ten years and we finally decided that we were just going to do it.  As we were trying to decide on dates our trip kept expanding.  We originally thought about 10 days, then 14 but finally settled on 21 days.  We both wish we actullly planned for another week as we are still cutting out things that we don't have time for.  

We booked airline tickets so we knew the dates.  then we started searching out the route we wanted to take and reserving AirBnB apartments along the route. We ordered train tickets and reserved seats on the busy trains.  The last step of the process has been making reservations and buying tickets for things that we want to see and do.  I will be posting about our trip along the way and sharing lots of pictures.  On Sunday, Sam will drive us to Bismarck where we will fly out.  Minneapolis and then on to Reykjavik , Iceland before going on to London, England.  I will update this and post about our journey along the way on here.  

No comments: