Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Lauterbrunnen

Today was our full day in Lauterbrunnen as we leave in the morning.  I am actually going to be sad to leave this town.  It was absolutely beautiful.   We spent the day up at Schilthorn, which was where On Her Majesty's Secret Service a James Bond movie was filmed.  We ate lunch in the piz Gloria 360 degree restaurant and enjoyed the views.  We took the tram up from Lauterbrunnen, and then when we got to ride on a train, Megan and I both sat in the front with the engineer nd enjoyed the views.  We walked through Mureen, and the continued to the top by trams.  On the way down we went a different route by tram and then did the walk back from Stechelberg to Launterbrunnen.  I even walked on the thrill walk  on the way down.  At times I did grub the wall in fear, but I made it.  I had to focus and not look down much of the way.  I had a wonderful couple from Australia cheering me on the whole way.  The trill walk is a 200 meter walkway, with glass bottom that hangs off the side of the cliff below the Birg cableway station.  It was kind of nerve racking for me since I am terrified of heights.  We even talked on the red phone from the James Bond movies. 
   

We stopped off on the walk and took in Trummelbachfaile.  The falls at Trumbelbach where so amazing.  There are a total of 10 waterfalls inside the cave of the Alps.  The water comes through with such force.  The sound of the running water is just amazing.  
 
We stayed at the hotel Oberland, and our room has French doors that open out onto a balcony.  We left the doors open last night and laying in bed falling asleep to the sounds from the waterfalls and water running in the creek was amazing. I so hope I get to return to this community in my future.  I have really enjoyed Switzerland.  The food here has been absolutely amazing to say the least and the locals go out of their way to help.  Everyone speaks English in the stores and is so helpful.  The one lady said that this town is a big ski resort in the winter months.  

Tomorrow we get to take the train back to Interlocking, then on to Bern, before ending in Munich where we will be for a couple days. 
   
    

No comments: