Monday, May 22, 2017

Paris/Lauterbrunnen

This morning we woke up early to he'd to the train station.  The train ride out of Paris was so beautiful.  I really enjoyed getting to see so much of France and Switzerland.  We had 4different trains to get us to Lauterbrunnen. Paris to Lausanne, Lausanne to Bern, Bern to Interlocking, Interlocking to Lauterbrunnen.  On the ride to Interlocking, there was a little old man that wanted to communicate with us so bad, but he spoke Dutch and I don't.  All he could say that I could understand was "English?"  So we just kept waving and smiling at each other the whole train ride.  He was just so cute, want to engage with us. We both felt bad because we couldn't talk to him.  

 
     

Lauterbrunnen!  Aww I found my home.  I absolutely love this place and I haven't even been to the big waterfalls yet.  This little town is just breathtaking.  Heaven on earth.  I will be back here again some day. The green fields, snow capped mountains.  All the cows have bells on them and the sound of the bells just echos down the canyon.  There are waterfalls all over as you walk through the town, and town might be an overstatement, because Wibaux is big compared to this place.  I posted pictures of the cemetery.  It is known as being one of the prettiest cemeteries in the world.  Each grave site is spectacularly manicured.  Tomorrow we are going to ride the gondol up to the summit, it will feel like being in the James Bond movie.  Be prepared for lots more pictures tomorrow!

No comments: